Job Requisition:Quality Control Inspector
The CYBER & SIGINT SOLUTIONS (CSS) group at Leidos division currently has an opening for a QA Inspector in Columbia, MD.
The primary duty of this position is electronic and mechanical inspection. Inspection may be incoming, in-process, and final inspection. Items to be inspected include PWA’s, electromechanical assemblies, and sub-systems.
- Perform point-to-point electronic circuit continuity verification's.
- Inspect wiring cables for length, gauge, soldering, crimps, parts, labels, etc.
- Inspect electronic assemblies for parts placement, workmanship, soldering and conformance to drawing.
- Inspect fabricated sheet metal and machined parts for dimensional correctness, plating, painting, marking, installed hardware, welds, etc.
- Inspect purchased parts, materials and supplies for compliance with purchase order description. Will verify part count, part type required documentation, lack of visual defects, etc.
- Document rejections and segregate rejected material, according to procedures.
This position may also be responsible for maintaining calibration records, including daily clean room temperature and humidity readings. The job require movement of electronic equipment from one location to another in the normal course of activities associated with the job function.
Must be able to work within a team environment and independently.
Some local travel may be required.
Education & Experience
Minimum high school diploma required AND 3 - 5 years’ experience in Quality Control/Workmanship procedures.
- Detail oriented and disciplined.
- Good oral and written communication,
- Strong customer service and team-working skills.
- Read and interpret assembly drawings, bills of material, and inspection work instructions.
- (intimately familiar) with ESD controlled environment
- Knowledge of the workmanship standards associated with Mil-HDBK-454 Guideline 5, 9, 17, and related Quality Assurance techniques.
- Knowledge of the Inspection System requirements of IPC-610 Class 3, ANSI-A-600 and IPC2221 standards
- Knowledge of basic electronics and understanding of the electronics manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated ability to use the following tools:
- Dimensional measuring devices: caliper, micrometer, scale, tape measure
- Circuit tracing devices: test lights, multimeter, cable tester.
- Microscope, stereoscopes, eye lopes, and ring lamps.
- Functional knowledge with PC and basic Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience maintaining calibration and calibration records.
- Trained to industry standards IPC-A-610 J-STD-001 is preferred
- Experience working with Manufacturing Operations Software (MOS), such as AEGIS.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.