The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Computer Scientist to work in Springfield, after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter mission. This opportunity is in support of Advanced Research and Development on the RECON project.
- Develop proof-of-concept demonstrations of algorithm modifications for identified traveling companion enhancements.
- Work closely with Technical Expert with operational experience in austere and denied environments.
- Experience with implementing traveling companion algorithms, trajectory data processing, or motion GEOINT algorithms.
- Ability to translate pseudo-code into running code.
- Experience in Java or Python required.
- 10 years of experience and a MA/MS degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI + CI Poly
- Ability to prototype JEMA components
- Familiarity with Graph theory, Bayesian models, and Markov models
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.