The Global Security Solutions Division is seeking a Website Developer in Stafford, Virginia to support maintenance and development for a website supporting the FBI's CODIS DNA Database program. This website is hosted on a secure network and is accessible to over 200+ domestic CODIS agencies (number of users will vary from 1,000 to 5,000).
The candidate will be responsible for web design, development, integration, and testing within an existing software architecture. The candidate will implement web changes to develop new capabilities, enhance existing capabilities, and resolve issues with existing capabilities. The CODIS website is evolving with an increasing web presence and needs an experienced web developer to enhance existing, basic web tools into more mature, scalable solutions. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented team that builds technology that bridges software and law enforcement needs.
• Develop the current website to support data gathering.
• Maintain current website functionality and current content management system.
• Interaction with the Website Lead to collaborate on customer requests.
• Maintain a service-oriented attitude in all situations.
• Ability to work independently and be a contributing team member.
• Possess good writing, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Develop, maintain, test, troubleshoot, enhance, and optimize existing web applications.
• Apply advanced knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
• Design, build, and maintain web pages using a variety of software applications, techniques, and tools.
• Design and develop user interface features, site animation, and special effects elements.
• Collaborate in project scope; envisioning system features and functionality.
• Bachelor's degree with 5+ years' applicable experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must be able to maintain a Top Secret (TS) clearance.
• Knowledge of web- based technologies including browsers, content management applications, HTML code, object-oriented technology, and graphics software.
• Experience working in a Windows environment with Visual Studio.
• Experience with content management systems.
• Ability to research new technologies and implementations and report alternatives to existing website designs, content management systems, and web servers at the request of the customer.
• Translate requirements and designs to responsive functional web applications.
• Experience debugging code and root cause analysis techniques.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Write clean, efficient, and well-commented code that is both reusable and scalable.
• Experience in MS SQL Server or similar database server.
• Experience with developing search engines.
• Experience with developing and maintaining Wikis.
• Experience with maintaining IIS servers.
• Experience with modernizing legacy websites.
• Knowledge of web mail systems as it relates to integration with websites.