The Global Security Solutions Division has an opening on a FBI DNA Database program for a Network Engineer to support the installation/upgrade of the CODIS software internationally. Currently seeking an enthusiastic installer to support CODIS laboratories at various international sites, estimated up to six (6) per year. Duration of installation: one week.
Network Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of installation related documentation and deliverables.
Potential for Tier 2 network and/or technical support for the CODIS Help Desk. Additionally, support will be needed for CODIS software validation prior to each major/minor release to confirm a successful installation check before deployment commences.
• Install the CODIS software in new laboratories and upgrade existing laboratories to the latest software baseline at international laboratories onsite multiple times per year.
• Review international laboratory hardware and software lists prior to purchase, ensuring a successful onsite installation/upgrade.
• Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the process surrounding the installation and upgrades of the CODIS software, particularly as it relates to the unique international environments.
• Completion of the High Threat Security Overseas Seminar (HTSOS) through the US Department of State.
• Assist in the review of CODIS software upgrade documentation and provide feedback to the team in a timely, professional, and efficient manner.
• Primary liaison with the Government and each international POC for each installation/upgrade.
• Development of CODIS Installation Reports (deliverable) detailing installation activities, duration, problems, successes, and future plans.
• Assist in the development, updates, and maintenance of instructions, checklists, outlines, procedures, etc. for all supported types of installation, upgrades, and migrations (as needed).
• Support the integrity of the CODIS site configuration report for international locations, which details each international locations' CODIS versions and network configuration details.
• Development of lessons learned after each installation/upgrade.
• Maintain good writing, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and be a contributing team member.
• At least five (5) years' experience with server OS installation support, workstation OS installation support, printers, networking, and virtualization (i.e. Windows Hyper-V or VMware).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to maintain a Top Secret (TS) clearance.
• Knowledge of DNA, Criminal Justice, and/or Forensic Science is a plus.
• Experience in documentation review and development is a plus.
• Windows, SQL Server, .NET Framework, Visual Basic, PowerShell scripting, Robocopy scripting experience is a plus.