The Global Security Solutions Division has an opening on a FBI DNA Database program for a Senior Trainer. Currently seeking an enthusiastic trainer to deliver presentations to large audiences (500+ people) and lead the development of training materials for annual instructor led trainings in support of the FBI's Annual National CODIS Conference. Additional opportunities for smaller onsite domestic trainings at CODIS laboratories throughout the year (duration of each training: 1 week) with estimated class sizes of 20 attendees.
Potential for Tier 2 technical support for the CODIS Help Desk as well as development/maintenance of CODIS documentation throughout the year, to include (but not limited to) CODIS Help Desk FAQs and CODIS deployment documentation.
• Work closely with the customer to understand each annual instructor led training's (ILT) requirements, topics, and the Government's expectations.
• Deliver an ILT to a group of approximately 500 individuals, both domestic and international, at the FBI Annual National CODIS Conference. The ILT will consist of lectures and live demonstrations of the CODIS software.
• Deliver a draft live ILT presentation for the FBI to review in advance of the final delivery at the CODIS Conference.
• Interacts daily with training specialists, peer groups, and the FBI customer.
• Lead the development of ILT materials to support FBI's CODIS Conference to include slideshow, student workbook, and live demonstration materials.
• Work with external vendors to secure necessary equipment rentals to support the annual ILT based on the requirements of the Government and needs at each ILT venue (e.g. large screens, projectors, etc.)
• Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the CODIS software.
• Review and provide feedback of all draft training user-facing documents from the FBI, to include computer based training (CBTs), domestic training materials, international training materials, and the CODIS Help System.
• Assist the CODIS Help Desk in support of the Learning Management System (LMS).
• Maintain good writing, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and be a contributing team member.
• At least three (3) years' experience as a trainer.
• At least three (3) years' experience developing training materials.
• Excellent Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Lively and enthusiastic training presentation style.
• Must be able to maintain a Top Secret (TS) clearance.
• Knowledge of DNA, Criminal Justice, and/or Forensic Science is a plus.
• Experience in documentation development is preferred.
• Experience with an LMS is a plus.