Job Requisition:Innovation Technologist - Software Developer
The Global Security Solutions under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos Inc. has a career opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Innovation Center, a research, development and rapid prototyping center. The Developer will work collaboratively across independent research and development (IRAD) and various Government Program Teams in the development of future analysis and exploitation systems that support the customer warfighter and analyst missions. The individual will develop complex and diverse software / cloud applications based upon existing and future requirements. The individual must be able to work individually and as part of a team, and must be comfortable in a rapid-paced but somewhat unstructured environment where self-motivation and creativity is highly valued.
- Assist in leading in the design of analysis and exploitation systems while working in conjunction with IRAD, divisional technology and business leaders to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and or approaches
- Develop and provide mature software applications, cloud services and other prototypes and products
- Regularly employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives that align with business and customer needs
- Must have a strong and proven understanding of cloud-native APIs, frameworks and architectures and demonstrated ability to develop back-end services, user interfaces and interoperable software components
- Must have demonstrated and expert experience in software development theories, concepts, practices and process
- Ability to work closely with GEOINT analysts who are expert in the associated tradecraft as well as program teams in understanding future requirements
- Work with divisional leadership, business development and SR. management to meet acceptance criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; OR Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience and expertise in JAVA, C++, C#, Python and other modern programming languages
- 5+ years’ experience working with or in the Intelligence Community
- Self- starter, motivated individual with the ability to make highly technical and objective decisions
- Ability to think out-side of the box and create solutions in ground breaking technology independently
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, related work experience; May possess a Doctorate in a related technical field
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience in image processing, big data analytics or signal processing
- Experience in mathematical algorithm development
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.