No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeking a Cargo Supervisor at our Port Hueneme location. The Cargo Supervisor will supervise the daily operation and staffing of the Antarctic Support Contract's (ASC) Port Hueneme (PTH) warehouse receiving section.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Supervises a staff of 3 full time and 1 seasonal temporary employees
- Sets daily work schedules for the receiving area and manages the flow of materials within the warehouse
- Provides performance feedback and input for annual performance evaluations
- Assists the PTH Operations Manager with performing interviews for open positions within the receiving section
- Manages the timely and accurate receipt and documentation of all inbound Unites States Antarctic Program (USAP) purchased material, grantee, subcontractor and military cargo items
- Determines the most cost efficient shipping mode of cargo based on the required on site date
- Coordinates the shipping or pickup of inbound purchased material from suppliers' location to receiving dock
- Coordinates resolution of material/cargo issues with owners of the material/cargo and the ASC procurement department
- May operate bot powered and non-powered MHE in conjunction with daily duties
- Works collaboratively with the documentation and outbound sections of the warehouse
- May serve as the delegate for the PTH Operations Manager when the incumbent is not available
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of diversified experience in logistics, warehousing, receiving and discrepancy resolution; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Basic understanding of cargo packing and movement by commercial and military modes of transport
- A working knowledge of the food and beverage industry to include inspection, storage and transport
- Advance computer level skills in Microsoft
- A working understanding of the military supply ordering and priority assignment system
- Certified forklift operator and prior certification in hazardous material processing (certified within the last 5 years)