Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos is seeking a mid-level PC Technician/Help Desk Support for the US Army Corps of Engineers-IT program.Under general supervision, provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise. Escalates more complex problems to Senior Level.
Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The Help Desk Specialist performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of applicable work experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples include: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
- Interim Secret Clearance * Valid Driver's License
- Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience supporting Office 365