The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer on our prime contract in Columbia, MD. The work will be performed at our Leidos facility off Columbia Gateway Drive.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for ensuring data has proper smart data tagging and is in appropriate data formats, provide daily operational support, and develop software scripts to optimize the data flow. In addition, provide technical recommendations to meet SIGINT processing requirements and research SIGINT solutions. The candidate will manage, document, and track software requirements, provide dataflow optimization, and monitor all data received.
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in related Engineering Field
- 12 or more years related engineering experience
- Candidate must have experience loading, configuring, and operating customer packet processing systems as well as filtering and selection.
- Knowledge of SOTF and ASDF customer SIGINT formats required
- Knowledge of customer data model required.
- Dataflow/NiFi experience
- Proficient in LINUX
- A minimum of 5 years systems engineering experience with SIGINT systems.
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years experience in 4 of the following specializations listed below. Systems Engineering must be 1 of the specializations. NOTE: A BS degree in engineering, telecommunications or related field may be substituted for experience in 1 specialization below - not systems engineering)
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Tele-communications System and Networks:
- Telephony Switching System
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing / Modulation /Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System:
- Systems Engineering:
- Operating Systems
- Advanced Protocols
Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years development and integration experience in SIGINT systems.
Within last 5 years, a minimum of 3 years experience in at least three (3) of the following:
- Switching and Survey
- Circuit Processing
- Packet Processing:
- Filtering & Selection:
- Analytic Tools:
Within last 5 years, a minimum of 3 years experience with the functionality and inter-processing of packet- and circuit-based HW & SW solutions.
A minimum of 8 years experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems. This experience should also include definition of requirements and allocation of functions, conduction of systems requirements reviews, development of Concept of Operations (CONOPs) and interfacing standards, definition of architecture, technical/non-technical assessments, and end-to-end flow analysis.
A minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership position providing technical supervision to other engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
Some Systems Administration background