The Defense group at Leidos is currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will be a member of the Hampton Roads Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) team responsible for administering mission-critical infrastructure support for the Joint Staff and Joint Service Provider (JSP).
- Responsibility will include providing technology support to Tier II team members as an escalation point for unresolved issues.
- Monitor existing servers, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories and storage IAW operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify integrity of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches and provide economies of scale.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) consisting of drafting and updating procedures for a virtual environment.
- Maintenance/Afterhours Support (1800 - 2400 hours)
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of processes to maintain high security profiles on servers via installation of operating system patches and DOD security vulnerability patches.
- Troubleshoot issues within Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment.
- Experienced with VDI computing solution utilizing VMWare ESXi host technology.
- Working knowledge and experience with VCenter Server and VMware Horizon View
- Shift schedule will be daily Monday thru Friday with the occasional Wednesday or Saturday Maintenance Window coverage.
- DOD 8570.01m compliant:
- Current Security +CE certification required
- Current VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or VMware Certified Professional certification.
- ACTIVE FINAL SECRET CLEARANCE
- Working knowledge of PowerShell.