Leidos has a need for a Mechanical Modeling Engineer knowledgeable in foreign spacecraft systems to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. An active TS/SCI is required for this opportunity' all work is on site at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
The successful candidate will construct highly detailed 3-D geometric computer-aided design (CAD) models of multiple foreign spacecraft on Team Leader-assigned systems; to include static and dynamic characteristics (e.g., external configuration, layout and location of internal subsystems, antenna and solar panel motion, constrion techniques, and materials descriptions). CAD models shall be completed in industry standard portable formats, ensuring that products conform to existing standards, as required by the Government.
This position will require working as part of a team comprised of military, government, and other contractors to achieve high confidence answers to problems of interest. The qualified candidate must also be able to work independently and have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
* Construct highly detailed 3-D geometric computer-aided design (CAD) models of multiple foreign spacecraft
* Draft notional capabilities of satellite components.
* Model components or entire vehicles
* Produce high confidence answers to problems of interest on space systems
* TS/SCI security clearance is required
* BS or Engineering Degree plus 4+ years of experience
* Experience with SolidWorks or other similar 3D CAD modeling software, desirable.
* Industry or government experience in 3D CAD/CAE.
* Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work individually and with teams are required.
* Some knowledge of electrical space avionics and antenna systems a plus.
* Mechanical understanding of space systems a plus.