The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
• Provides expertise to INSCOM and Intelligence Community worldwide sites on the electrical engineering aspects of the installation, modification, operation and maintenance of facilities, mission systems, and support systems.
• Provide building and facilities condition assessments for both electrical and mechanical systems including: Electrical Service and distribution systems (typically 480 Volt and below), Lighting, Receptacle and internal power distribution.
• Develop and implement various engineering plans for medium and low voltage systems to include developing specifications, cost estimates and designs for operations, maintenance and support requirement to maintain various facilities.
• Responsible for preparing and monitoring repair and maintenance projects in support of customer operations, maintenance.
• Perform Electrical engineering power systems analysis calculations including, load calculation coordination, short circuit and arc flash.
• Must Specializes in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD).
• Designs and provides guidance in the installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems and supported sites.
• Provides guidance for the mitigation of electromagnetic interference from and carried by electrical and power distribution systems.
• Reviews design specifications for facilities, and mission and support systems to verify technical correctness and compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
• Prepares designs, specifications and procedures for the installation, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
• Ensures the proper installation and operation of UPS for Information Technology (IT) and communications equipment at supported sites.
• Performs quality assurance of electrical construction at supported sites, ensuring the quality of workmanship and compliance with technical, construction and safety standards.
• Provides engineering input to the preparation of technical publications including INSCOM regulations and pamphlets.
• Immediately deployable to worldwide locations, in potentially hazardous work environments, to perform QRC/ technical support to US forces.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university with 4 - 8 years of diversified engineering experience in medium or low voltage power electrical equipment's, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Experience with installation and maintenance of medium or low voltage 50/60 Hz single and multiple phase wiring.
• Electrical Engineering experience with an architecture and/or engineering consulting firm.
• Electrical contracting and construction management
• Supervision of plant operations, maintenance and repair of physical plant systems and equipment including campus type power generation and distribution systems.
• Experience in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD).
• Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems.
• Experience with uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) for ADP and communications equipment.
• Ability to perform critical engineering reviews of Military Construction (MILCON) project data submissions, physical security requirements, and re-mediation programs.
• Skill in master planning for long range facility management and information management.
• Knowledge of and experience in power and grounding principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of Electromagnetic Compatibility principles and how they apply to the installation and operation of ISR and support systems.
• Professional registration is desirable but not mandatory.
• Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
• US Citizenship, Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)