We are looking for a motivated and organized Data Integration Developer to join our team. As the Data Integration Developer, you will support data integration analysis, design and development in delivering application interfaces, electronic data interchange (EDI), ELT processes, data warehouse and other business intelligence and data management initiatives. This position supports the technical components of data integration processes and will be responsible for the configuration and custom development of File Flow to push / pull data across systems by leveraging Apache Nifi. This position will work with Business Analysts, DBAs, Data Integration Architects, executives and business stakeholders to deploy data integration automation.
Description of Position and Responsibilities
The Data Integration Developer is part of the Data Services Team whose responsibility is primarily focused in one of two areas: ELT and/or Application Interfacing. This includes, but is not limited to designing, building, deploying and maintaining: ETL\\ELT processes, external and internal EDI processes, data quality methods, transactional interfaces, data modeling, EDW architectures, data marts, data quality profiling, application of related governance processes and data tool\\system administration.
Successful candidate should have working knowledge of Apache Nifi, and programming background. This role requires strong technical ability.
Additional responsibilities include :
- Communicate with and inform upstream source system owners about data quality issues.
Perform detailed data requirements analyses, design and implementation of complex data flows
- Configure flow files, processors, etc. in Apache Nifi to push / pull data
- Custom develop processors, controllers, etc. for Apache Nifi
- Develop / enhance monitoring capability
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve issues within the Apache Nifi Platform.
- Coordinate with other developers, teammates, engineering teams and QA teams
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Participate in daily standups
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations, Management, or other related field is required. Experience may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years experience with ELT or interface design, development and maintenance. Proficiency in requirements analysis, reporting build, or other data management related experience. 2+ years working with Apache Nifi. Experience working in Agile
. Requires an Active Secret (or higher) Clearance.
• Experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance.
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices.
• A passion for learning and adapting to new technologies.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to see the big picture/the whole project, not just the piece you are working on.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.