Job Requisition:Project Manager
Join Leidos and help us achieve our mission: Make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Our C4 Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Operation is currently seeking exceptionally qualified individuals for a Project Manager position to assist the Program Manager with the development, deployment, and sustainment of the AIMES family of motion imagery products across all current and future customers.
As the Project Manager you will be working with the AIMES Program Manager, Air Force Portfolio Manager, and the Division Manager and perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Support the delivery of the AF DCGS AIMES Program and its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the AF DCGS with respect to the Leidos division and support future growth
- Develop proposals inclusive of technical, management, and funding elements for the AF DCGS AIMES program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Be a point of contact for interfacing with the Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS) Program Management Office (PMO)
- Actively document program activities and ensure compliance with customer contract directives, guidelines, and taskings within cost and schedule as well operation within the Leidos policies and procedures
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program personnel to include, for direct report personnel, conducting verbal and written assessments of performance against an individual’s established goals and objectives
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on the clients of the program for statistical purposes
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise and collaborate with other managers across the organization to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Produce program reports for management and for customers
- Communicate with customers as outlined in contract documents
- Manage time, schedule, and resources for multiple direct-funded projects characterized by dynamic requirements and schedules
- In consultation with the AIMES Program Manager, Air Force Portfolio Manager, Division Manager, and AIMES Team Leads, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Follow the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Ensure projects under the PM’s control operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Division Manager on a regular basis (monthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with project activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the project activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the project evaluation framework
- Bachelor degree in a technical field and at least 8-12 years experience as a project/program manager of an IT or a technical program (i.e. requirements definition, design, development, integration, installation, testing, training, sustainment). Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Possess a TS/SCI clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to keep a team fully informed on status, requirements and deadlines
- Ability to think independently and contribute to the overall effort with minimal direction
- Ability to work well within a team environment including effective collaboration with other teams
- Ability to work well under pressure including appropriate delegation of tasks to team members
- Project/Program management experience in a Department of Defense environment
- Knowledge of AF DCGS with at least 5 years’ experience supporting Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) and/or Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) customers
- Experience within the motion imagery domain is extremely beneficial
- Experience with projects that included SAFe Agile software development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Ability to lead a large, diverse, distributed team of personnel spanning the entire product lifecycle from requirements capture and definition, thorough capability design and development to operational deployment and sustainment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.