The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software Engineer to work at our customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. Leidos is seeking a dedicated, talented and experienced AI Software Engineer to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The AI Software Engineer will contribute to the Warfighter Program supporting AFRL/RHA. The Warfighter program provides the Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies to improve training effectiveness among a multitude of operationally-relevant platforms and roles.
You will work as an AI Software Engineer in a high performing research and development team, focusing on development, validation, and demonstration of intelligent agent technologies and capabilities to support Mission Planning and Debrief (MP&D) for autonomous operations in contested environments. As a member of the MP&D team, you will research, develop, integrate, and validate intelligent agent behaviors for mission planning ingestion, responses to dynamic threats and contingencies, and mission debriefing capabilities.
Specifically, you will create intelligent agents that use symbolic knowledge representation and reasoning techniques to extract and process content from images and tables to respond to dynamic changes during the mission planning process and to provide feedback during the debriefing process. This requires knowledge or interest in learning small data machine learning techniques, given a small data constraint in the MP&D environment. Experience in general heuristics for plan generation is also desirable.
The successful candidate will work with government customers, software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or related field.
- Have 2+ years' experience in applicable domains
- Be proficient in content extraction from graphics
- Be proficient with agent development and symbolic knowledge representation and reasoning
- Have knowledge in or an interest in learning machine learning with small data
- US Citizenship required
- Be capable of obtaining a DOD Secret Security Clearance
- - Proficiency in Go (aka Golang), WebSockets, JSON, XML, UML2, and Windows
- - General knowledge in general heuristics for plan generation