The Principal Pricing Analyst will assume responsibility for a variety of cost volume, estimating, and pricing activities. This is a fast-paced position requiring attention to detail, demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment, and a willingness to work extended hours as needed to finish the job and see a proposal through to completion. Primary location will be the Reston VA headquarters - travel to this site may be required as proposal demands require.
- Will provide oversight for all functional participation in the development of cost volumes, and will lead the effort to produce cost volume deliverables. This will involve close coordination with Contracts, Pricing, Procurement, Program Office & Capture Management, Finance and Technical Estimators.
- Ability to analyze an RFP, identify questions for submittal, and advise Proposal Team of unique requirements.
- Ability to lead the Pricing effort associated with the requirements of an RFP.
- Will be responsible for coaching and reviewing work of lower level professionals.
- Must be knowledgeable of pricing tools, templates, and have the ability to quickly model business cases and develop strategic RFP responses.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in an area emphasizing quantitative analysis methods, with 8+ years' experience in a related area or a Master's degree with 6+ years of related experience. Additional years of pricing related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Must be proficient with math, advanced finance principles and desktop applications (ie - MS Office Suite, especially MS Word & MS Excel).
- Experience in Cost Volume and Proposal Development. A demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements, to apply contracting principles, and to produce high quality proposals.
- Ability to teach and train other members of the Pricing staff in cost volume development.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Must possess professional demeanor, and excellent communication skills.
- Expertise in government contracting and services business models.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret level clearance.
- Expertise in Propricer.
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) writing experience.
- Active Secret level clearance.