Leidos Corporate is seeking a Data Modeler to join our Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team. This position can be supported from one of the following locations: King of Prussia - PA or Orlando - FL. We will also consider telecommute for the right candidate.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- The capture of business requirements and rules.
- Design associated logical models, and create all required documentation to support, communicate, and validate the data model.
- Manage the conversion of the logical models to physical models.
- Design and develop replication mappings.
- Analyze logical and physical data models to support the business requirements in a dynamic, expanding business environment.
- Map data elements of data sources into the domain data models.
- Maintain documentation of data models and data flows, including relationships, constraints and metadata.
- Publish and conduct model reviews with business and technical project teams.
- Develop scripts to build database objects and roles, including stored procedure, views, tables, privileges, etc.
- Coordinate with development/implementation team to improve model formats and approaches with regard to implementation issues.
- Manage the replication and Change Data Capture process for source databases to targets.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Strong experience in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development environment using SQL Developer, TOAD, and other tools.
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate business requirements and translate them into complex database models and execute them to completion.
- Knowledge of ER/Dimensional modeling and have extensive experience in developing logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments.
- Hands-on experience in data management, data warehousing, data transformation, metadata and reference data management.
- Experience with a data modeling tool supporting an enterprise environment.
- Able to support production promotions and/or issues after hours or weekends.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate replication or a similar tool
- Experience with Idera ER Studio or a similar modeling tool
- Experience with tuning in Oracle
- Knowledge of VPD security
- Understanding of big data solutions, including commercial cloud solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of deployment architectures, e.g. distributed, cloud, transaction, warehouse.
- Experience with one or more BI tools such as Oracle OBI, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.