The Defense group at Leidos has an opening for a Engineering Technician Level II supporting the Towed Intermediate Maintenance Activity team in Pearl City, HI.
Conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and ship board installation of towed bodies while working in a pier side environment. Selected applicant will receive on the job training and is expected to qualify as a Towed Systems IMA technician. For advancement consideration within the IMA program the selected candidate must qualify Pier-Side Supervisor in accordance with Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) requirements. Selected applicant must be able to interact with Navy, Government and civilian support contractors. This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules. Must have an Interim Secret security clearance to start.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Two years experience in the test and repair of electronics/electrical equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
- Candidate should have experience in the use of electronic test equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
- Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions and operate a fork truck. Candidate will perform assignments under supervision. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; must be able to meet and maintain a security clearance at the SECRET level (An interim SECRET clearance is required to start work).
- Candidate must be able to obtain a passport and be willing to travel overseas and in CONUS on short notice.
- Graduate of an accredited technical institute or apprentice program in electronics above the high school level or successful completion of a military electronics course equivalent to US Navy "C" school.
- Experience in operating and troubleshooting any of the following equipment is desirable: AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1, AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, AN/BQQ-10 (ARCI), OK-276, OA-9070/9070A/9070B/9070E, OK-410 or OK-542/A.
- Graduate of a Navy Instructor Training course is desirable.
- Navy Submarine experience desirable.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 or later and Microsoft Office 2013 or later is desirable.