The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Computer Systems / SOA Solutions Architect (Cloud Computing / Devops expertise) who will collaborate with various IT Team members and related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer.
In this role you will assist other team members with identification of new products and services and solution design based upon customer requirements elicitation.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Use your demonstrated experience developing statements of work and development of labor, materials, and cost estimates derived from solution design or a statement of objectives.
- Lead a group of engineers to implement the designed solution within scope of work and established cost estimates.
- Work directly with government customers and other contractors to define, plan, and execute the full system development lifecycle.
Typical education & experience:
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure cloud based design
- Experience with Devops solution delivery processes and tools
- Experience as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Solutions Architect.
Technologies/Frameworks/Tools - Experience with the following:
- Web API design and development using an API specification language
- Developing labor estimates, bill of materials, and high level schedules from high level solution design
- Experience with data driven applications and services including high level schema designs for XML, JSON, and RDBMS formats.
- Experience with comprehensive design requirements to include functional and non-functional requirements (performance, monitoring, high availability, fault recovery)
- Knowledge and use of Atlassian tools including JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Knowledge and use of Artifactory, Ansible, and Jenkins for continuous delivery
- Knowledge of the Open API Specification (OAS)
- Knowledge and use of a modeling tool or language such as UML, SysML, EA Sparx, Visio
- Knowledge and use of Angular for web applications
- Knowledge and use of the Spring framework
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with stakeholders and management
- Ability to communicate clearly with a spectrum of stakeholders from highly technical briefings to management overviews and presentations
- Ability to clearly identify issues early and recommend mitigation approaches or solutions
Issue management in complex systems
- Manage defect and technical debt backlogs to prioritize work
- Assist with debugging systemic issues.
- Provide concise direction to correct system problems
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work, unsupervised.
- Good communication and writing skills;
- Ability to explain technical details and issues clearly to non-technical individuals and be
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems. Must have good interpersonal skills.