Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) at Ft. Meade, MD.
This person will serve as a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance embedded with DISA Headquarters under Task Order 29. CSWOs are principally engaged in the triage of events, cyber incident handling, network analysis and threat detection, trend analysis, metric development, vulnerability information dissemination, and the DoD Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) methodology. This position offers a compressed workweek (10 hour/day 4 days on 3 days off) on a set Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday schedule. (Day-shift hours: 5am-3pm. Swing-shift hours: 1pm-11pm. Mid-shift hours 9pm-7am). This position is open for the Swing Shift: 1PM-11PM.
• Support the DCC Battle Captain with all Cyber Defense and Network Assurance issues.
• Oversee all network defense operations, and be familiar with the operations process flow and execution.
• Maintain awareness of all pertinent directives, orders, alerts, and messages; prepare and deliver daily situational awareness and operational update briefings.
• Serve as Senior Defensive Cybersecurity SME during 24x7 operations.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start and able to obtain CSSP-A certification within 180 days of start date.
• CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
• Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
• Leadership experience in a 24x7 environment.
• Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
External Referral Eligible