The NISC III program within the CIvil Group at Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer with ATM/UTM/NAS expertise to support the FAA customer.
In this role, you will support FAA System Operations Security Support Group by combining knowledge in UTM (Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management), ATM (Air Traffic Management), and NAS (National Airspace System) Security to develop requirements for future NAS systems utilizing these elements.
- Support the Counter UAS (C-UAS) group within System Operations Security with analysis of UTM, ATM, and NAS Security to develop requirements for future NAS systems that comply with the FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS).
- Work closely with established points of contact within the department/agency/installation to resolve any discrepancies.
- Attend meetings with department-level staff and FAA leadership to communicate status.
- Other related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to understand an established workflow for coordinating between the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Ability to understand the safety and security implications to the National Airspace System (NAS) of UAS and C-UAS technologies.
- Experience in performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition, integration, and system testing.
- Experience in creating requirements and other technical documentation to be used in the procurement process.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Knowledge/experience with UTM (Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management)
- Knowledge/experience with ATM (Air Traffic Management) systems
- Knowledge of National Airspace System (NAS) Security
- Experience as a commercial drone operator.
- Ability to understand documentation as it pertains to C-UAS. Typical documents include Concept of Operations/Employment; Tactics, Techniques and Procedures, Training plans, and public outreach plans.
- Skill in communicating at the senior leadership level within the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Experience within the aviation sector, preferably with the FAA.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving technology and incidents that may impact deadlines unexpectedly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ability to handle multiple taskings and deadlines