Adhering to process and procedural directives, candidates will deliver high quality support to individuals and technical teams in order to facilitate the timely resolution of assignments and meet Service Level Agreements. Contributing to continuous service and quality improvement initiatives will be vital while working as a member of the Service Operations team.
Performs a variety of activities which contributes the successful delivery of outcomes of the Service Operations Team. Requiring familiarity of the field of IT Service Management and expertise in the domain of ticket management and client engagement, which may include:
• Part of 24/7 shift team
• Interface effectively with the Service Desk, Customer, Program teams, Analysts, Project Managers and other Service Providers
• Triage and if possible resolve incident and service requests coming from Service Desk
• Route incidents and service requests to appropriate service queues
• Support request fulfillment management, event management, and incident management in coordination with the ESC. This includes coordination to create or modify ticket workflows within Remedy (future ITSM tool sets) to support the program
• Manage ITEMS incident, escalations and request fulfillment queues to ensure SLA are met
• Raise, update and resolve specific ticket types under direction from Operations Management
• Contribute to monitoring the various channels of communications
• Identify and update Knowledge Base Articles as directed or required
• Identify and resolve assigned customer issues in a consultative manner
• Manage multiple work queues and assume responsibility for adhering to quality control practices
• Maintain and update required queue management governance registers
• Support Daily, weekly, monthly reporting on queue levels and ensuring work queues are maintained and controlled
• Source and analyse relevant subject matter documentation
• Participate in continuous service & quality improvement initiatives
• Identify and implement efficiencies to enhance service outcomes
• Contribute to business improvement initiatives
• Ensure adherence to processes by employees for IT Support
• Other duties as required.
• Appropriate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment
• ITIL V3 Foundations Certificate desirable
• Knowledge of ITSM ticket systems (Remedy, ServiceNow and reporting functionality
• Experience in reporting on a variety of business processes and technologies used in service delivery
• Experience with flexible solution design for new and emergent reporting requirements
• High-level of experience using MS Office applications
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a 'can-do', pro-active, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos' objectives.
• Some experience with relevant ITSM technologies and the environment
• Some understanding of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management, Request Fulfillment, and Release and Deployment processes
• Demonstrated ability in following direction and working as part of a team of professionals, with particular experience working within Project life cycles
• Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in adapting to new technologies rapidly.
Skills and abilities
You will have strong communication skills (verbal and written), technical and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute as a valued team member including:
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• An ability to manage the resolution of basic technical issues
• Strong initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast pace environment
• Strong skills with relevant technologies and domains
• Demonstrated ability to follow direction, negotiate effectively, and communicate with excellence
• Proficient with MS Office applications.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.