The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a ArcGIS Web Developer to support the FAA customer.
In this role you will support the FAA Systems Operations Security Counter UAS (C-UAS) group with development and maintenance of the web-based FAA UAS Data Delivery System (UDDS).
The FAA UAS Data Delivery System is an FAA-enabled web service that makes data available in CSV, JSON, KML, and Shapefile formats to the needs of developers and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain the UAS Data Delivery Service website.
- This may involve enhancement to meta-data,
- Inclusion of Notices to Airmen that involve UAS activity and other improvements as required.
- Work closely with the C-UAS group to understand needs as they arise and make appropriate changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Deep knowledge and experience with GIS software and its applications, GIS concepts, and database and application design principles.
- Ability to d esign high-quality map and graphic products for output by the GIS system.
- Ability to c onduct use-case analysis of business functions to establish GIS application requirements and geospatial data model requirements.
- Ablity to a ccurately create and maintain data stored in a geodatabase that is used to produce GIS maps and analysis results that support informed decision making.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Ability to understand an established workflow for coordinating between the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Ability to understand the safety and security implications to the National Airspace System (NAS) of UAS and C-UAS technologies.
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) certification and/or ESRI Technical Certification preferred, along with cartographic and spatial analysis experience.
- Solve problems related to the registration of different map layers to include, but not limited to, Notices to Airmen (NOTAM's) and other aviation data as required.
- Experience within the aviation sector, preferably with the FAA.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving technology and incidents that may impact deadlines unexpectedly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ability to handle multiple tasking and deadlines