The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to work at our Columbia /Annapolis Junction location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
A Senior Systems Engineer is needed to provide support for a large, complex, mature system development and integration effort. The selected candidate will provide overall system engineering expertise in the architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, high level and detailed system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will develop detailed system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities also include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will collect and analyze customer requests for customized solutions and translate those requests into defined requirements. He/she will research and recommend technology solutions appropriate to meeting infrastructure needs. Additionally, the candidate will provide technical guidance to resolve issues or problems, and recommend future advancements in architecture development and infrastructure. The successful candidate will work with the customer to develop and implement the technology roadmap for the organization. The candidate will also establish vendor relationships to research new technologies and integrate new products/capabilities into the environment. He/she will design and develop solutions to integrate other technologies and mission support applications into environment are important aspects of the position, and perform advanced System Engineering and resolution of complex issues or problems within the infrastructure. The selected candidate will create systems engineering documentation as needed. Lastly, the successful candidate will lead with the tracking of infrastructure projects as they go from defined requirements to becoming part of the infrastructure team.
• Requires Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience
• 15+ years of general experience as a systems analyst, system engineer, system architect
• 10+ years of experience leading software-intensive projects and programs for Government or industry customers
• 10+ years of experience as a software or systems engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems)
• Experience as a TTO Lead/Lead System Engineer for rapid development and prototype environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Experience leading systems engineering best practices
• Experience with task and/or project management
• Existing relationships with COTS/GOTS vendors and solutions providers
External Referral Eligible