Leidos is currently seeking a Sr. DevOps Lead for a large healthcare contract in Windsor Mill, MD. This position is contingent upon contract award.
As a DevOps Lead, you will build products focused on development lifecycle automation. You will work with the cloud engineering team to build continuous integration and continuous deployment practices and products.
• Evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions and develop standardized best practices for use within the customers environment
• Lead Jr. DevOps team members and application owners to help build a standard approach to the development lifecycle.
• Assist cloud engineering in designing and incorporating DevOps tool sets into container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), or Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures
• Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations.
• Lead with Jr. DevOps team members to automate logging, monitoring, approval workflows, or other tasks as needed
• Maintain domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architecture and best practices
• Evangelize internally and to the customer the value propositions of products built
• Guide cloud engineering product roadmaps and adoption of cloud based technology
• Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results while also leading work of other technical staff.
• Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Package Management tools: rpm, pip
• Container build and orchestration: Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm
• Build Servers and Tools: Jenkins, GitLab
• Dependency Management tools: Maven
• Configuration Management tools: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
• Cloud platform services: Azure or AWS
• Versioning and Git based source control
• Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI, Tools, or SDK.
• Familiarity with container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures
• Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources
• Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
infrastructure-as-code based configuration management
• Knowledge of product development and the ability produce reusable and consistent solutions
• Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively.
• Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
• Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
CMS Domain experience
• Agile-based knowledge and skill.
• Familiarity with open source software stacks like JBOSS / Wildfly
• Familiarity with IBM Websphere
• Hand's on experience with software defined compute, storage, and network
• Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis, and more programmatically
• AWS Solutions Architect Certification or
• AWS SysOps Administrator
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered