Leidos Corporate Group is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join our Tax Department in Reston, VA. This is a great opportunity to work with a group of closely knit high achievers. Our team oriented professionals strive for a collegial, open-door atmosphere.
- Prepare complex book/tax adjustments, including stock compensation.
- Assist with review of federal and state income and franchise tax returns, extension requests, estimated tax payments, and supporting workpapers.
- Assist with review of state apportionment workpapers.
- Gather and analyze data as required for preparation of tax returns by Big 4 Accounting Firm.
- Perform foreign source income analysis and calculate foreign tax credit.
- Prepare GILTI calculations quarterly and annually, and assist with interest expense limitation calculations
- Perform tax research, including understanding tax law changes.
- Assist with the analysis and implementation of tax planning and savings initiatives.
- Analyze and reconcile income tax accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of information for ASC 740 and FIN 48 purposes; both foreign and domestic.
- Prepare quarterly cash flow analysis for foreign income tax payments.
- Prepare responses to foreign tax notices and audit requests.
- Serve as a single point of contact for various foreign service providers.
- Research international tax issues arising from the preparation of tax returns.
- Maintain international tax calendar, including filings required in local jurisdictions
- Assist in a variety of special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math or related field and 4+ years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend, specializing in corporate taxation.
- Exceptional project management skills are required, with proactive process improvement experience.
- Strong accounting skills, including demonstrated ability in account reconciliations.
- Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Energetic and have a high sense of urgency while working on projects.
- A quick learner who is willing to take on new challenges and roles.
- A high level of confidence, detail orientation, integrity, self-motivation, and a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Attentive to detail, yet understand and apply the degree of accuracy necessary for the task at hand.
- Must be flexible with strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must have ability to prioritize workload in order to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be organized and demonstrate problem solving ability.
- Self-starter, creative, team player, and positive attitude!
- CPA and/or MST preferred.
- Experience with Deltek, Costpoint, Hyperion and OneSource are a plus.