The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Security Specialist at our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in managing a very intricate program in support of the mission. Serve as the CPSO/special security official providing expertise in all security functions for this program in accordance with the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations, e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, ICD's, DoDM and 5105.21 M1.
- Have expert knowledge and provide input to program security plans and SOPs for numerous programs and facilities including subcontractors.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the selected programs' technology and maintain a thorough understanding of the sponsors' security requirements.
- Must have expert knowledge of Automated Information Systems Security (AISS) policy and procedures.
- Establish and assist in administering special security provisions.
- Use a high level of initiative and innovation in identifying and resolving problems and issues of moderate scope.
- Provide management level professional interactions with a broad cross-section of staff members within Leidos and with individuals outside of Leidos.
- Advise and instruct management in the area of security where risks and tradeoffs have a direct impact on the accomplishment of the project, test or evaluation.
- Team with Program Managers in interpreting, applying and complying with Security Classification Guides (SCGs).
- Represent Leidos while conducting liaison between Leidos, government sponsors, and subcontractors.
- Perform physical, personnel and administrative security responsibilities for multiple facilities, which often calls for requests to government security representatives regarding accreditations, personnel actions, AIS transmissions and working with other government facility sponsors to draft co-use agreements and MOUs/MOAs for shared facilities.
- Support and leads customer required pre-inspection and inspection activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 8 - 10+ years of professional security experience.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, i.e. special security, and DoD security programs
- An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. ICDs, DODM 5205.07 vols, NISPOM, JSIG, Supplement and Overprint)
- Contribute to the development and execution of security policy, plans and procedures
- Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
- Top Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to classified information. Preference for current SSBI