Leidos is seeking a Tech Writer/Editor to support development of AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 source data to be utilized for life-cycle documentation development in support of US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs. Additionally, candidate will be embedded in both the Leidos team and prime contractors team.Primary Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Hardware Technicians, Sonar Operations SME's, and OEM Engineers to support the creation of technical data
• Write and edit technical manuals on the latest developments, functionality and concepts for the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 ASW system
• Collaborate with content owners and Subject Matter Experts on the review and updating of technical manuals
• Provide maintenance manuals and user guides for operators and maintainers
• Edit, validate, proofread, and incorporate newly developed technical manual material and red-line edits to update the latest operating and maintenance procedures
• Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
• MS Office expertise
• Must have and be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security ClearancePreferred Qualifications:
• Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
• Travel may be required for this position
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.