Leidos is working with some of the most advanced cities in America to conceive, design, and build Smart City strategies and infrastructure. Projects span a holistic range of domains including: technology and IOT, Analytics, automation, Smart Public Health, Smart Transportation, Smart Public Safety, cyber-security, Digital Equity, and systems-engineering and design. We are seeking a Smart Cities Lead/Principal Consultant to work with our growing set of clients in defining and developing implementation plans, business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics for smart city initiatives based on a client's strategic plan. Work includes developing client 'Strategy-to-Action' plans, as well as supervising the activities of Smart City initiatives across multiple regions in North America. Clients include municipalities, metropolitan planning organizations, utilities, real estate developers, and other related parties.
The Lead/Principal is responsible for ensuring that the client is enabled with outcome-based implementation plans that detail clear links to public value and related metrics. The Lead/Principal is also responsible for working across engineering, policy, and business stakeholders to ensure that the aggregate team delivers excellent user-centric solutions based on these requirements. Position is expected to carry out individual responsibilities with initiative, independence and creativity, while exercising sound professional judgment and stakeholder alignment.
Locations: Orlando or Denver preferred, alternative locations may be considered.
Responsibilities will include:
• Extensively analyzes highly complex problems to seek understanding of the underlying issue and root cause of the challenge.
• Provides strategic/technical advice that impacts client initiatives and resulting public value.
• Drives functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that solve client challenges and help position Leidos competitively in the marketplace.
• Facilitation and elicitation in group and individual settings to gather needs and to align teams around complex concepts with the goal of broad-based commitment.
• Improves upon existing solutions, programs and processes using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
• Organize and conduct presentations to a variety of organizations.
• Utilizes expert domain knowledge, professional principles and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions and standards.
• Works with engineering team to create and develop leading edge solution strategies.
• Coordinate with Leidos internal and sub-contractor teams to develop and coordinate operations of solutions initiatives.
• Support planning of engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and tracking of metrics for the team.
• Oversee the implementation of customer training and change management programs to support the transfer of solutions upon delivery.
• Stakeholder mapping, engagement, and management to build support for client needs and Leidos business interests.
• Responsible for gathering performance data, preparing reports including project charters and tracking outcome-based metrics and objectives.
• Leverage relationships to identify and develop new business opportunities and lead proposals to smart cities clients.
• Lead the development of pursuit strategies to gather required information and oversee account management activities.
• Monitor the overall client relationship and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
• Listen and communicate at all levels of a client organization, from executive to line staff, in order to build trust, develop and explain complex solutions, and gain buy-in.
• Develop and leverage partnerships inside and outside of Leidos in service of business objectives and client needs.
• Bachelor's Degree, or related experience with 8+ years of program management experience developing and delivering complex technical projects on time, within scope, and on budget.
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
• Typically negotiates and compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
• Strong planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills with demonstrated ability to make unexpected adjustments to deliverables as required.
• Requires ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
• Requires demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to research and assimilate new technical and business concepts rapidly and integrate into solutions that will meet client needs and improve Leidos' core competencies.