Leidos is looking for candidates for a Sr. Systems Administrator role to support our customer in St.Louis, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance is REQUIRED for consideration. The shift for this opening is 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Wednesday - Saturday.
The Sr. Systems Admin will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of systems administration experience or equivalent is required
- An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance and willingness to obtain POLY upon request is required for consideration
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired.
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired.
Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies strongly desired:
- Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA
- Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity
- SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation
- Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare
- Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems
- Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies, particularly NCW and DIA
"External Referral Eligible"