Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our Enterprise Business Operations team in Oak Ridge - TN. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that all employees receive on-time paychecks and serve as a leader on a small team of payroll specialists to achieve timely and accurate results. The payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards, ex-patriot and other special pay situations for US based employees on missions around the world.
Responsibilities and duties include the following, but not limited to:
- Serve as a leader and mentor of 10+ payroll specialists.
- Process multi-state payroll information for a portion of 30,000 employees.
- Comply and adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, develop recommendations, and implement approved changes in the processing of payroll.
- Communicate issues and participates in problem resolution/escalation processes.
- Process complex payroll functions; such as, ensure that payroll files have been generated and transmitted for assigned facilities.
- Calculate, compile and submit accurate and timely transfer of pay information and adjustments to the payroll processing vendor.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance to federal, state, and/or, local tax policies.
- Serve as point of escalation to assist employees, and other internal stakeholders with questions, concerns, comments in a timely manner.
- Serve as subject matter experts on one or more payroll topics.
- Conduct specialized research into issues and provide recommendations for payroll processing and outputs.
- Review, coordinate and submit timely manual check requests including sensitive matters such as termination cases.
- Review manual check log and ensure pertinent issues are resolved.
- Assist with wage audits (e.g. DCAA, Internal Audit, Benefits, agency, federal, state, etc.).
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Oversee and review over-payment payroll matters.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (as needed) in order to assure payroll processing is completed by deadline.
- High school diploma/GED required and minimum 5 years of payroll processing experience.
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll processing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 10 - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work and manage payroll vendors.
- Proficiency with Payroll systems such as ADP-EV5 or Ultipro.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Ability to process accounting functions and formulas in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Proficiency with unions, garnishments, and/or expat (international employee) payroll processing.
- Ability to understand internal payroll controls.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Work well under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Organized individual.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.