Job Requisition:HW Integration and Test (Huntsville, AL)
More About the Role:
Leidos is seeking a System Administrator 2 who will manage the test environment for the NASA NEST contract. The System Administrator 2 will provide mid-level systems administration support. Applies advanced knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments. Performs work that requires advanced practical experience and training. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Manage Test environment.
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including
o Web Servers
• Performs software installations and upgrades to OS and layered software packages.
• Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Perform system backups and database archive operations.
• Supports media management.
• Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires BS Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
• Demonstrated experience of concepts related to mid-level engineering.
• Demonstrated experience directing system level testing.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Library Info Tech Systems Admin2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.