Job Requisition:Software Development Engineer in Test
Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. Unlike many companies in the defense industry, we offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking talented Software Engineers with a specialization in test automation to join our Streaming Video Team. You will work to enhance the reliability of our best-in-class live streaming video applications and services, which are in active use by our global customers. This opportunity is located in Dayton, OH.
Commonly called Software Development Engineers in Test, or SDETs, these specialists command tremendous authority at Leidos. Our SDETs are charged with the vital role of proving that our software is safe, reliable, and performant. We tackle problems like ensuring delivery consistency over unstable UDP networks or assessing accuracy in the display of corrupted video. If you join us, you'll meet these responsibilities with the latest in automation and machine learning.
Successful candidates will have a practical understanding of testing and test automation throughout the entire development lifecycle. A candidate should have prior experience working with developers and traditional testers to validate components of a software suite. Finally, you will have worked on automated testing for both system-level and integration regressions in a high reliability environment.
- Guide and develop sophisticated automated testing for some of the hardest problems in the industry
- Work directly on the core engineering team for products in active deployment around the world.
- Develop, maintain, and extend the test automation infrastructure.
- Execute functional, system, regression, and performance testing.
- Help drive towards our goal of 100% code coverage.
- Provide technical leadership for the test team.
- Other assigned tasks.
- Computer Science or related degree and 2-4 years of experience.
- At least one year of experience with at least one major unit test library, such as Google Test, JUnit, or Boost Test.
- At least one year of experience with at least one major test framework, such as Selenium, Protractor, Cucumber, or Ranorex.
- Prior experience with standard software development tools, particularly Git and Jenkins.
- An understanding of both the theory and practice of test driven development.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies, such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Experience with machine learning as applied to test automation and fuzzing.
- Experience with data delivery over unreliable networks, ideally video streaming.
- Experience with the intricacies of video processing and transcoding.
- Experience executing manual integration and release tests.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.