Leidos has an opportunity for a Product Owner supporting the C4ISR Solutions Operation in Charlottesville, VA. The candidate will support and guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide oversight, guidance, management support, and other related duties in one or more phases of software systems development, system integration, or system sustainment.
The Product Owner is accountable for managing the product backlog for software projects and, in that capacity must perform the following activities:
- Translate often confusing, incomplete, or contradictory requirements into a clear, concise, and consolidated product backlog.
- Clearly define and prioritize product backlog items, including establishing acceptance criteria in close collaboration with external and internal project stakeholders.
- Ensure the product backlog is visible and transparent so stakeholders can easily understand what the project team is developing now and will develop in the future.
- Communicate with the development team(s) to ensure a consistent and unambiguous understanding of all items in the product backlog so that implementation meets the intent of each requirement.
- Assist in system architecting, trade-off analyses, development of detailed design artifacts, defining the project's test and delivery strategy, and supporting the project manager.
- Draft and maintain the necessary engineering plans, processes, and procedures to communicate engineering processes with internal and external program stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Management, or relevant field and 2-4 years experience; a dditional relevant training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Familiarity with Agile software management and continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience with system requirements management, including requirements gathering and decomposition.
- Experience with high-level software system design and development of design artifacts.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work collaboratively with software development teams and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with Agile software management tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.