More About the Role:
Leidos is seeking a System Administrator 2 who will manage the test environment for the NASA NEST contract. The System Administrator 2 will provide mid-level systems administration support. Applies advanced knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments. Performs work that requires advanced practical experience and training. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Manage Test environment.
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including
o Web Servers
• Performs software installations and upgrades to OS and layered software packages.
• Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Perform system backups and database archive operations.
• Supports media management.
• Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires BS Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
• Demonstrated experience of concepts related to mid-level engineering.
• Demonstrated experience directing system level testing.