Leidos has a current opening for a Windows Systems Administrator to manage a small windows network isolated from outside connections, as well as provide technical support and guidance to the overall customer mission. The candidate will be responsible for the overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and software. The candidate will establish and implement standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software. The candidate will schedule, plan and perform system upgrades. The candidate will collaborate, support, and offer advice to the customer in technical matters related to the organization's overall mission.
Continuously maintain the customer's network, to include updates, upgrades, backups and general maintenance.
- Close working collaboration with a small integrated team of customer and Leidos users
- Managing several external classified WAN terminals, including COMSEC management
- Develop functional requirements through interaction with our customer's end-users, coordinate system enhancements or changes, and complete these tasks on their own.
- Develop and define, and present for customer approval, policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to achieve the system performance required by our customer organization
- Manage (including issuing, upgrades, and disposition) of customer computing and network-related hardware
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical field (computer science, cybersecurity, or other STEM field)
- Requires a Minimum of 8 yrs overall Systems experience and at least one year as a Windows System Administrator or equivalent is required.
- Must have DOD 8570, IAT Level II certification or be able to complete it within 180 days. IAT certification includes CompTIA Security+ or other classes listed at https://iase.disa.mil/iawip/pages/iabaseline.aspx .
- Must possess a current and active Top Secret clearance and be eligible for Special Access read-on post-hire.
- Speak, read, and write fluently in the English language.
- Previous experience as an ISSO (Information Assurance officer) or cybersecurity officer
- Experience working onsite in a DOD customer office (including within the Army Research Lab)
- Familiarity with Army Information Assurance requirements and accreditation procedures
- Prior experience with network that span multiple security classification levels