No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as an Executive Director on a major nuclear weapon acquisition program. The executive director will leverage existing capabilities within the Federal Program Office as well as coordinate activities for the Federal Program Manager in collaboration with the National Nuclear Security Administration Headquarters.
The executive director is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities and will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal Program Manager on matters pertaining to planning and integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures. This person will also assist with program guidance to resolve issues that may impact several acquisition programs.
This position is a full-time contractor position located in the NNSA offices on the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque NM.
• Provide technical expertise and programmatic support and assist with the integration of the cost, scope, and schedule of the program.
• Facilitate strategic communication of programmatic information within NNSA and with external organizations including developing responses to Congress, executive NNSA managers, and stakeholders and customers to garner support.
• Provide advice, support and recommendations to Federal Program Office leadership and program engineers.
• Provide program coordination for the NNSA to sites to address programmatic requirements and inquiries.
• Assist the Federal Program Office in planning, programming, budgeting, and acquisition of required assets.
• Provide technical assistance in the coordination of program meetings, reports, presentations, and other confidential materials.
• Provide technical expertise and advice to assist with preparing program briefing outlines, assigning tasks to points of content for section content, cross check gate requirements and products delivered, ensures level of detail is negotiated with Federal Program Manager and Stakeholders at various Program gates and reviews.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required education and qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• At least 15 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrable experience with written communication and reports that describe the completion and plans of major nuclear weapon refurbishment program execution phases for senior and executive management.
• Experience with developing and meeting the technical requirements within the program execution phases.
• Senior level experience supporting federal programs and managers.
• Experience mentoring and developing organization and staff capabilities.
• Proven ability to develop and exercise customer and stakeholder engagement plans.
• Senior-level experience coordinating and collaboration with the National Security Enterprise complex contractors and partners.
• Master's degree or PhD in relevant fields.
• Extensive experience working with military organizations and delivering proposals and product.
• Experience in managing and driving program performance and opportunities for growth.
• Experience in large program reviews and financial reviews.
• Success in partnering with military and military contractors to deliver written product to customers and stakeholders.
• Extensive experience in technical writing and oral communication.