In addition, will serve as a business modeler/data analyst for data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema.
This position will allow for the employee to work 100% remotely.
Will also perform the following duties:
- Configure a RedHat Linux environment and setup/use Git.
- Analyze data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Assist other team members with implementing requirements.
- Use Application Servers (latest versions of Linux Server) and Virtualization Technologies to deploy solutions.
- Collaborate with various IT Team members and participate on related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Use good communications skills in working directly with government customers and other contractors.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience interfacing with a customer to understand and implement requirements
- Experience interfacing with multiple data sources, Relational (RDBMS) and Non-Relational (NOSQL)
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge or experience with Data Virtualization Technologies such as Denodo (preferred) and/or Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization.
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging systems, documenting events, and finding solutions for issues found
- Knowledge of modern web services standards and protocols such as WS Security, WS Trust, SAML, and OAUTH
- Experience with identifying and documenting current and future state of systems and architectures
- Experience with researching, promoting, developing, and implementing best practices
- Experience working in an environment using DevOps, Agile, Scrum, and/or similar methodologies and frameworks
- Experience researching, promoting and developing data architecture best practices
- Experience clarifying and refining functional data requirement specifications
- Ability to create easy-to-follow IT documentation for installation and configuration of applications, roadmaps, instructions, root cause analysis, change records, etc.
- Must have good communication, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with 4-Tier Architecture (Dev, SIT, UAT, Prod)
- Knowledge of TDD
Issue management in complex systems
- Experience with reporting and documenting system issues as they are discovered
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging issues and documenting solutions
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work, unsupervised
- Experience with SOAP and REST web services
- Experience securing web services for a large organization or federal government customer.
- Experience with NOSQL Technologies such as MongoDB, HADOOP, etc.
- Experience with Platform and frameworks such as JBOSS FUSE, Denodo Data Virtualization, CA Technologies API Gateways
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Experience with ITIL