We have an exciting opportunity for a Protective Security Advisor Officer to join us on a permanent basis in the UK. Working collaboratively with both our local UK Security organisations and SPOC. Ensuring security is at the heart of what we do. Working for Leidos gives you the opportunity to be part of a culture that welcomes collaboration and rewards innovation. You will embark on a journey where commitment to the business, your colleagues and our customers are at the forefront of everything you do.
The Role You Will Play
This role will require a keen understanding of Protective Security, requiring extensive experience from a military/commercial background with experience of supporting Government work including List X and PASF accreditation. ISO 27001 auditor qualifications are desired. As a key partner for the UK business, you will represent Security in daily operations as well as supporting engagement with senior customers and partners as required. It is critical that the incumbent has an appetite to ensure that Leidos is continually and proportionally evaluating emerging technologies in line with the Leidos UK Strategy.
- Develop and implement security policy and procedures to meet the requirements of ISO 27001 and the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework
- Conduct internal audits as part of the annual ISO 27001 internal audit programme
- Prepare the business for and participate in external audits
- Identify, log and manage identified security risks within the Leidos UK Security Risk Management Process
- Provide direction and support to local Security Points of Contact (SPOC) throughout the UK
- Undertake site physical security assessment (e.g. Classified Material Assessment Tool or Corporate assessment) and advise the business on recommended security controls
- Implementation and maintenance of physical security controls across Leidos UK
- Manage Security furniture
- Deliver site and project security inductions
- Provide security advice and direction with regards to the application of Management of sensitive and classified information
- Manage security related incidents
- Lead security investigations and produce incident reports
- Develop and deliver Security Education and Awareness Initiatives
- Interpret and effectively implement Security Aspects letters
- Implement effective project joiners and leavers security processes
- Attend project status meetings/stand-ups to remain current with project activities, identify project security requirements, risks and issues and deliver and reinforce security messaging for projects being delivered across Leidos UK
- Participate in project security working groups as required
- Conduct spot checks of compliance with security policies and procedures
- Establish relationships and effectively liaise with local Security Authorities such as Counter Terror Security Advisor (CTSA) and Authority Accreditors
- On-call out of hours for contractually assigned base office and as part of the Leidos UK Security on-call rota
- Preferably from a military/commercial background
- Experience of supporting Government work including List X and PASF accreditation.
- ISO 27001 auditor qualifications.
- Experience of leading security incident response and coordinating activities
- Ability to demonstrate security experience via certifications and significant career accomplishments
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively engage from Senior Executives through individual technical staff
- Self-motivated and willing to take on challenges while adapting to an ever changing operational environment.
- Knowledge and experience working within the Intelligence, Defence and/or Public Sector markets will be considered a significant advantage