The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst II to work in our Huntsville, AL area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and fielding efforts including testing/installation of Linux and Windows operating systems and application lock-down consistent with the current status of cyber security regulations. Candidate will be expected to apply current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF) protocols to complex server, network and interconnected systems to resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an Authority to Operate. Candidates will be expected to have enough familiarity with multiple systems that they can function interchangeably within a team of engineers and support a cross functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting applications and systems operating within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment. A successful candidate will be capable of taking ownership of a segment of the solution and pursuing the immplementation across multiple technical areas. Candidate must have experience with the application of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to operating Systems, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) monitoring and application, system vulnerability scanning and mitigation of findings, and remediation of findings. Capability to independently design, develop, and implement solutions that meet network and system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the other Cyber professionals, network staff, other corporate teammates and resident Government staff. To be successful you must be able to define the solution, communicate it to the stakeholders, convince them it is adequate, and then implement it within the context of a larger effort.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- BS in related technical area and 4-8 years relevant experience.
- Relevant IA certification in appropriate area.
- Current Secret clearance.
- Experience in Federal Information System Management Act (FISMA) reporting, DoD Information Technology Portfolio Repository (DITPR) and other information assurance assurance-related compliance reporting.
- Supports Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and associated IA processes, procedures, and activities with capability and expertise to implement DoDD 8530.1, DoDD 8500.2, DoDI 8510.1, DoDI 8510.01 and other applicable NIST and CNSS IA directives, instructions, guidelines.
- Experience in providing Communications Security (COMSEC) Custodial Experience in testing to validate established security requirements,
- Experience recommending additional security requirements and safeguards,
- Experience supporting the formal Cybersecurity/IA testing required by government accrediting authorities, and preparing System Security Plans.
- Candidates with TS preferred. Secret required.
- Familiarity with US Missile Defense Agency systems.
- Experience in development of end user operating manuals, and documentation,
- Experience in training of end users in Operating System and SW application installation and operation.
- Familiarity with Virtualization, particularly VMware/Vsphere.
External Referral Eligible