The Service Desk & VTC Specialist will be part of a dynamic team supporting US Army Central (ARCENT) G2 and supported customers throughout the ARCENT Area of Responsibility, with primary duty at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, including both U.S. and coalition personnel. Successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability of resolving Tier I hardware, software, and application problems. These duties include but are not limited to diagnosing and resolving workstation software and hardware problems, common Microsoft Office issues, printer issues, basic network (LAN) issues, scheduling & troubleshooting video tele-conferences (VTCs), following approved processes and procedures, and troubleshooting these issues in person, over the phone, or through remote system access. Position must have a working knowledge of Active Directory Users & Computers, security groups and NTFS permissions, Cisco network/LAN principles, MS Windows 10, MS Office, desktop & laptop hardware, etc. Experience with US Intelligence networks and organizations in South-West Asia or on an Arifjan service desk a big plus.
• Provide polite and friendly Tier1 customer service support as part of a service desk team across multiple networks, facilities, and locations. Provide first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Support requests provided in-person, telephonically, or electronically submitted via ticket system
• Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work as directed, including: running cable and cable management at both workstations and in server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, basic printer maintenance, etc
• Remediate problems with Windows desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs,
• Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access, etc.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs
• Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely, and using PowerShell, RDP
• Track all work in designated incident database tools & systems (such as Remedy), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift; Attempt to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
• In & Out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers
• Schedule Video Teleconferences and de-conflict scheduled conferences as needed
• Provide solutions to Frequently Asked Questions or common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
• Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to backfill personnel during R&R or other absences
• Required ESITE Level 2 Education & Experience: HS Diploma/GED + 8 yrs experience, or Associate's Degree + 6 yrs experience, or Bachelor's Degree + 4 yrs experience, or Master's Degree + 2 yrs experience
• Required 8570 IAT II (or higher) Baseline Certification, such as: Security+|ce
• Required one of the Computing Environment certifications, such as: MCP, CCENT, or MCSA:Win10, etc.
Computing Environment certification, such as: CCNA:R&S, MCSA:Server12/16
- Due to the assignment location and as a condition of employment, employees will undergo and successfully pass medical assessments to meet U.S. Government and Kuwaiti requirements. Leidos recommends updating all vaccinations prior to departure.
- Duty hours on-site are 12‐hours per day, 7 days a week, plus commute time and are subject to local labor law
- On‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays
- Must have at least 36 months validity and 5 blank pages left on a U.S. passport.
- Requires processing CRC and passing medical screening and be designated "fit for deployment" including medical tests, BMI analysis, etc. See: https://www.bliss.army.mil/CRC/BCO_ContractorDeployers.html
- Requires employee to obtain & maintain host nation work visa, including local/regional medical testing
- Must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait or forward deploy to austere locations as directed, and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws, customs, and courtesies.
- Unaccompanied position includes off‐post housing and vehicle support provided by contract; however, operational requirements may dictate assignment and further deployment to austere locations as needed.