Leidos is looking to build a new organization that is focused on delivering data center services to our customers. This new organization will be structured around modern and legacy platforms in a consumption based services model. We are looking for energetic leaders, who believe in cross functional teams, broad based skills, and a customer focused mindset. Our vision is to provide a "no-outage" data center that is both self-service and white-glove based on our customer's level of maturity.
As Chief Cloud Engineer you will provide technical leadership, oversight, guidance, and mentoring to engineering teams. You will coordinate closely with senior leadership to establish clear objectives and effectively communicate business needs, architectural objectives, and expected deliverables to engineering teams. You must work with engineering teams to develop technical strategies and coordinate across matrixed stakeholders to ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current environment is divided between different functional teams, to include, network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of your responsibilities will be managing the conversion to our new services oriented model.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead cloud, network, infrastructure, systems and security architecture design efforts, managing all aspects of the system development life cycle, from initial concept development through deployment and sustainment.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to engineering team members.
- Clearly communicate objectives and hold personnel accountable for efficient delivery.
- Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts across the organization to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Coordinate closely with client leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of business needs, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Lead engineering and product development lifecycle and development work stream
- Oversee configuration and risk management activities and develop strategies for process improvements.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for product selection and system design changes that include an impact analysis and coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization.
- Manage team of experienced, independent professionals
- Ensure distribution of assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- Ensure teams design solutions that maximize use of standards, automation, zero downtime, and ability for operations teams to self-support.
- Complete service and change requests on schedule.
- Manage and optimize costs with close focus on under runs and over runs.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all your assets, refresh them on appropriate schedules, and ensure they are tracked properly in the CMDB.
- Manage all personnel needs and interact with HR when required.
- Perform annual personnel write-ups and reviews.
- Ensure personnel performance.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience building highly available Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure based on industry best practices and the AWS well architected framework
- Experience with application lift and shift or refactoring from On-premises to a cloud environment
- Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI, Tools, or SDK.
- Experience architecting interconnectivity of Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) in a multi-account scalable fashion
- Familiarity with container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Experience designing Disaster Recovery for Cloud based workloads
- Knowledge of product development and the ability produce reusable and consistent solutions
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Familiarity with open source software stacks like JBOSS / Wildfly
- Familiarity with IBM Websphere
- Hand's on experience with software defined compute, storage, and network
Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis, and more programmatically
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.