Job Requisition:Cost Estimator
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
The NISC III program at Leidos is looking for a Cost Estimator to support to Federal Aviation Administration in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Provide expertise to conduct research, evaluations, and studies.
- Participate in post implementation analysis to include the research, recovery and analysis of project actual values.
- Participate in complex studies to support the statistical analysis of cost estimates, and cost/benefit studies.
- Support the development of cost estimates, from needs evaluation of budget formulation and approval for funding request, for proposed changes to the National Airspace System.
- Investigating new tools and technologies to improve core competency within the Cost Estimating group – as needed.
- Present recommendations/solutions related to short and long term program planning requirements.
- Provide support to the Team by keeping track of incoming workload, updating the progress of the workload and providing weekly and monthly status reports including charts and graphs.
- Provide planning, scheduling, networking and coordination assistance among all regional and headquarters’ efforts and related monitoring/tracking programs.
- Help and support, develop and maintain the cost estimating tracking database using software skills involving Knowledge Services network (SharePoint). Provide customer service at the Group Level, working with IT to resolve KSN issues, ensure Planning and Requirement Group pages are up-to-date.
- Classify and summarize data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis.
- Provide assistance and recommendations to FAA managers and staff who directly affect the conduct and attainment of agency goals.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or
- Master’s degree with 2 – 6 years of experience.
Prior experience working for/with the FAA