The NISC III program is recruiting for an entry-level Safety Engineer to manage the Safety Program for the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center campus.
Specific Job Description
• Supports in development of procedures, processes, standards, specifications, and systems to identify and achieve optimal control or reduction of hazards and exposures that may harm people, property, and/or the environment.
• Serves as part of a multidisciplinary team in analyzing field-level hazard-producing mechanisms.
• Researches regulatory, scientific, and engineering written materials.
• Assists safety professionals in facility inspections and annual audits. Works with team to inspect new and on-going construction projects.
• Reviews construction drawings from an occupational safety and health perspective
• Provides assistance with the traffic safety program
• Provides assistance with Safety Program Meetings.
• Bachelors degree in Safety Engineering, a related field or equivalent experience.
• General Safety Program Management
• Construction Safety
• Safety Inspections
• Traffic SafetyLeadGenLeadGenEng
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.