More About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager applies software testing principles, leadership skills, and technical communication to remove blockers and achieve goals. Works closely with performance test team to plan testing, prioritize tasks, satisfy entry/exit criteria, and remove blockers. Develop creative technical and management solutions. Develop knowledge of Census Business Goals in order to provide status, and respond to comments and data calls.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Takes direction from Test IPT Lead to manage performance testing of multiple systems.
• Ensure that testers are assigned appropriately, test plans and test cases are being developed in a timely manner, and that performance testing fulfills the parameters set by Performance Engineering and the goals of the customer.
• Partner with Business Analysts, Enterprise Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure teams.
• Efficiently manage the schedule and resource of the project teams to fulfill customer requirements and meet implementation deadlines.
• Effectively manage all team member resources allocated for the project.
• Ensure the certification and knowledge levels of project team personnel are always current and comprehensive and that they can provide the highest level of professional assistance to customers.
• Develop a plan and schedule with the customer for optimum delivery of project, to ensure integration of software with existing infrastructure, systems and applications.
• Maintain progress reviews of project tasks and team member assignments.
• Manage the development of performance testing deliverables (test plans, test cases, test analysis reports).
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshop; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
• 12+ years as a Technical Project Manager, Tester, or Systems Engineer on Large Scale Integration Program.
• Must have some technical experience (some experience architecting, developing or testing software).
• Familiarity with systems integration and/or performance testing preferred.
• Familiarity with Cloud and On Prem Data Centers preferred (e.g. AWS GovCloud and/or VMware).
• Competent verbal and technical communication skills.
• Experience in a chaotic/fast paced environment with large amounts of external stakeholder interaction.
• Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in team environments and with other business organizations.