Leidos NISC III program is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Fort Worth, TX to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The NISC Program provides high-quality engineering and technical support services to FAA organizations responsible for NAS transformation in the areas of integration and implementation planning, transition planning, engineering support, environmental support, and other engineering and technical disciplines as required. Leidos is looking for a self-motivated quick learner with excellent communication skills who can work directly with the FAA customers under minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will:
- Support the FAA's Technical Operations Division in conducting the level 2 Obstruction Evaluation (OE) analysis by using the current FAA provided OE Evaluation Desk Guide
- Analyze and evaluate obstructions and their physical and/or electromagnetic effects on National Airspace facilities
- Identify any electromagnetic and/or physical effect on air navigation, weather, radar and communications facilities
- Analyze and evaluate OEs for potential adverse effect(s) to NAS facilities, equipment and services and identify mitigations to those effects.
- Assign to an appropriately qualified SME, normally an FAA engineer, for a Level 3 (in-depth) analysis in cases the results of the Level 2 analysis requires further study.
- Utilize analysis tools available including Google® Earth Pro and Radar Support System (RSS) to help in the evaluation.
- Utilize the FAA Work distribution tool iOEAAA (internet based Obstruction Evaluation Airport Airspace Analysis) to support the evaluation.
- Produce an OE Summary showing in-progress, delayed, cancelled and completed OE analysis.
- Compare the iOEAAA facility database against FAA provided sources to determine errors in database; enter missing facilities and correct errors in facility data (latitudes, longitudes and elevations)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Previous exposure reading and interpreting technical documentation and papers
- Extensive knowledge of Google Earth Pro
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Excellent analytical skills (Math including trigonometry)
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with three dimensional modeling or simulations
- Extensive Knowledge in Radars and Navigational Systems
- Experience with using programming language C, C++, Java or Python is a plus
Typically requires BS degree in Electrical Engineering or in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education with a minimum 2 years of related work experience.