Job Requisition:Civil Engineer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Service Center in Des Moines, WA. The Civil Engineer will review and update designs, drawings and conduct physical inspections required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
· Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for the FAA Unmanned Infrastructure Sustainment program, which will primarily focus on communications towers and antennas, and the support shelter buildings. This may include freestanding or guyed antennas or towers, antenna anchors, foundations and roofing, and/or foundation and anchorage for various mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Analyze existing drawings and provide recommendations to site- specific upgrades to the facility, shelter buildings, and support equipment.
· Review existing drawings and perform design changes to include red-lines and as-built drawings.
· Develop and coordinate engineering project scope, cost estimates, risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
Relocation Benefits Available if not local in the area.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, and concrete foundations.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Familiarity with FAA Unmanned Infrastructure (antennas and towers) and equipment shelters.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.