Senior Database Administrator
The Sr. Database Administrator/Engineer position is to ensure the Database architecture is properly sized, scaled for the future, and structured to provide high availability that meets the service level requirements for the FAA customer. He/She must identify risks with associated mitigation plans and provide a plan for growth of the databases for future requirements. The plan must include consolidations, upgrades, and collaboration with peers and other key staff/customers to ensure a reliable and robust database architecture. The solutions must provide optimum performance metrics. The successful candidate will have the related database certifications (Oracle Certified Database Professional (OCP or OCA) and or its equivalent in other database management systems and a minimum of 10~15 years of related contract experience. Skills must include defining, trouble shooting and managing comparable databases. Our ideal candidate is a strong Oracle DBA with Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle RAC, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Guard/Active Data Guard experience, and hands-on experience supporting MS SQL Server databases (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017) is preferred.
- Working with highly skilled individuals responsible for providing day-to-day operational support in the area of Database Server Operations, Database Management, Storage and Backup.
- Balancing and adjusting workloads to ensure software products are "patched" and upgraded in a successful manner, considering and addressing all security guidance, rules and regulations, standards and industry best practices.
- Provide support for Oracle Database Servers hosted on Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Unix/Linux Servers, VMware, and other virtualization software as well as database administration (Microsoft SQL 2008, SQL 2012, and Oracle.
- Working collaboratively with clients including application/business owners and their support contractors to maintain and update systems as required.
- Maintaining security patches and reducing or eliminating security vulnerabilities as directed and approved by the customer.
- Working with application owners and their support team to balance and schedule workload, identify performance bottlenecks and identify system interdependencies to prevent the formation of performance problems.
The Sr. Database Administrator/Engineer shall maintain:
- The current database environment with respect to all approved security patches as released by the operating system and database software vendor in compliance with all contract processes and procedures.
- A predictable planning processes for server and database version upgrades.
- Consistent, predictable, and documented deployment and administration processes and procedures.
- Proactive mechanisms for collaboration and communication with all operations functions, system owners and teams, and related stakeholders.
- Mechanisms that proactively and continuously identify ways to increase availability and administration efficiency.
- Efficient mechanisms for ensuring system and database-level security and system availability/recovery.
- The person in this position will work directly with the customer leadership team and the Leidos program leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the program including vendor recommendations and solutions, and other support responsibilities in a large-scale database environment.
To accomplish the identified objectives, the Database Administration shall perform services in the following areas:
- Database Administration Services
- Systems Security Support
- Database Application Support
- Backup and Recovery Service
- Related Transition/Migration Activities
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience in Senior Oracle DBA position.
- Experience as a Senior Oracle DBA working with Oracle 11g/12c and running on a variety of operating systems (AIX, Linux (RHEL), and Solaris 11).
- Experience with Oracle Backup Design Planning.
- Expertise with Oracle Database Security.
- Experience with Oracle Database Upgrade mechanisms of different versions and on various platforms.
- Strong hands-on experience with Oracle ASM configuration, deployments, and troubleshooting.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting SQL*Loader/PL/SQL Data Loads for Performance, Coding and Infrastructure issues.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting for automating regular data loading and other database maintenance activities.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities to address complex issues involving data movement and data replication.
- Proven ability to resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality.
- Strong hands-on Experience with the Oracle RMAN Backup and Restore, Export and Import Data Pump utilities.
- Experience working with Oracle 13c OEM for database monitoring.
- Experience with Oracle database provisioning and cloning techniques.
- Experience with Oracle Standby Database Server deployments.
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner.
- Good time management skills to multitask on multiple projects.
- Good Project Management Skills
- Hands on experience on Oracle Database-storage environments, data backup, retention and recovery best practices.
- Understanding and meeting Service Level Agreements and Service Level Requirements.
- Review all current systems and database administration processes and practices and provide recommendations on straightforward opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and discuss any gaps or opportunities associated with system security and system backup and recovery.
- Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- FAA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure.
- Agile development knowledge and framework.
- Working knowledge of System, Application & Database Monitoring tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, SlorAppDynamics for management of high availability applications.
- VMware Virtualization.
- Server and PC Hardware Knowledge.
- AIX/Linux day to day support experience.
- PL/SQL, SQL, UNIX scripting experience is preferred.