The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Civil Group is seeking talented, patriotic, and motivated U.S. Citizens for an important national security project with the DHS Transportation Security Administration (TSA). The project involves screening, vetting, and credentialing of people who are then granted access and privileges associated with sensitive areas and functions. Some of these populations were identified as sensitive following 9-11 and the passage of the Patriot Act, such as maritime port workers, alien flight schools, and hazardous materials drivers. Though still related to security, other populations programs such as TSA Pre-Check, also facilitate smooth travel. In all cases, these critical functions must continue transparently to the populations involved, while evolving to accommodate growth and enhanced functionality. Since many of these functions evolved independently, there is an opportunity to consolidate and streamline common functions, thus enhancing reliability and reducing costs. By moving to a person-centric data model, TSA will also improve data integrity and services to the individuals in the populations involved.
The project environment will be complex and challenging. It involves sustaining current functions and evolving functionality while merging 3 different technology stacks and associated development environments. In addition, the supporting data center infrastructure exists in two places, Colorado Springs, CO, and Annapolis Junction, MD, and involves teamwork in a distributed environment. For ambitious technologists, the project presents a professional growth opportunity with the satisfaction of contributing to a critical national interest program that both secures and enhances our lives.
This challenging, mission critical program requires a strong Project Manager to be located in Annapolis Junction, MD, either in a customer facility there or in a Company facility nearby. This role will be responsible for managing the operational aspects of ongoing sub-projects and will serves as liaison between the project office, the project team, the customer Product Owner, and line management. Responsible for coordinating project employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, and recognition actions. Oversees the status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and ensures delivery of CDRLs and accurate status reports. Monitors the assessment of project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. Ensures the development of mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with the team. The ideal candidate would have direct experience leading Agile programs engaged in Adaptive Maintenance and Tier 3 support of Case Management Systems which implement DevSecOps principles.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Engineering, science or related technical field.
• Over fifteen years of experience managing people and complex technical projects, including work on highly available, national security systems
• Hands-on, working knowledge of GitLab and Mattermost, particularly in support of release planning, release management, project and team communications, and stakeholder engagement.
• Proven ability to staff, manage, motivate and retain high-performance development teams.
• Excellent communication skills and proven ability to produce high-quality, professional documentation.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Experience doing development for the TSA and/or another agency within the Department of Homeland Security.
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.