The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Civil Group is seeking talented, patriotic, and motivated U.S. Citizens for an important national security project with the DHS Transportation Security Administration (TSA). The project involves screening, vetting, and credentialing of people who are then granted access and privileges associated with sensitive areas and functions. Some of these populations were identified as sensitive following 9-11 and the passage of the Patriot Act, such as maritime port workers, alien flight schools, and hazardous materials drivers. Though still related to security, other populations programs such as TSA Pre-Check, also facilitate smooth travel. In all cases, these critical functions must continue transparently to the populations involved, while evolving to accommodate growth and enhanced functionality. Since many of these functions evolved independently, there is an opportunity to consolidate and streamline common functions, thus enhancing reliability and reducing costs. By moving to a person-centric data model, TSA will also improve data integrity and services to the individuals in the populations involved.
The project environment will be complex and challenging. It involves sustaining current functions and evolving functionality while merging 3 different technology stacks and associated development environments. In addition, the supporting data center infrastructure exists in two places, Colorado Springs, CO, and Annapolis Junction, MD, and involves teamwork in a distributed environment. For ambitious technologists, the project presents a professional growth opportunity with the satisfaction of contributing to a critical national interest program that both secures and enhances our lives.
This career opportunity is for a Software Engineer with Subject Matter Expertise in WebTAS who will serve as a Team Lead in their area of expertise. The work location is at the customer site in Colorado Springs, CO or at a Company facility nearby. The successful Software Engineer shall:
• Be responsible for understanding, maintaining, and extending current and future mission applications (one or more depending on scope and relative complexity) using SecDevOps principles.
• Provide leadership to the team, particularly in your Subject Matter Expertise.
• In Agile sprints, generate, revise, compile, debug, build, test and deploy simple to complex software applications to support the mission.
• Develop designs, documentation and diagrams outlining process steps in operation.
• Develop and revise software for a specific mission application or applications (depending on scope and similarity).
• Prepare documentation of program development, modifications and operating instructions.
• Conduct program tests and demonstrations at the end of Agile sprints.
• Make modifications to code as needed while supporting continuous operations.
• Be required to analyze system capabilities to resolve input/output problems, or to optimally resolve inconsistencies in interfaces with work products of other Agile teams.
• Work as an integral part of a high-performance Agile team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Engineering, science or related technical field.
• Over seven years of experience on complex technical projects, including work on highly available, national security systems.
• Subject matter expertise in the following areas:
o WebTAS application development and integration including query building, dashboard construction, and product output design
o Analysis of trends and patterns, query development and reporting
o Web Services/Internal and Enterprise Service Bus
o User interface design and development
o Geospatial analysis
o Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and DevOps
o Test automation
• Hands-on, working knowledge of the following products:
o SQL Server
o Apache Tomcat
• Experience with engaging diverse stakeholder groups, and collaborating with system users to elicit requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, professional documentation.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Experience doing development for the TSA and/or another agency within the Department of Homeland Security.
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Learn more about Leidos' Civil Group here: